Click Above To Listen to the Episode
Click above to watch the episode trailer
Welcome to the internet’s most exciting endurance sport and self-improvement podcast, Master of some!
We all love getting new personal records in our endurance sport of choice. With this episode, I’d like to take this opportunity to highlight an underrepresented category —- mental health and mental physical fitness.
This is as important as how fast you can run. We believe a podcast about my physical insecurities, public nudity perception and gender equality actually fits this positive mental health model quite well.
This is a narrative re-release in the “Grower Not a Shower” mental health series. This episode is part one of three. It was previously a cross release with another podcast called “Cool Black Dudes” that is on a long term hiatus at the moment.
In this episode I’ll explain and talk about;
- Racial stereotypes around men’s physical traits.
- Perspectives from other black guys around this topic because I’m not the only black dude that feels this way
- I’ll be doing a bit of “internet sampling” to help set up a few of these concepts
- We’ll go back in time and I’ll tell a story of how I got my curiosity around the human body.
- Last – I’m joined in this series by Jessa – The Nude Blogger to help tell the female side of this very complex story. She’ll be mostly in the 2nd part so make sure to listen to that one.
If you like this please share it out to whoever you think would listen and any and all feedback is appreciated – [email protected] or hit us on the socials – @dlakecreates everywhere.
Thanks for listening and enjoy… peace!
MOS COACH SPONSOR
This episode is brought to you by MOS COACH. If you are struggling to perform better as you get older, hit up our one on one coaching service. Whether you’re 16 or 60, we are all ageing. Setting goals, forming habits, and organising your life isn’t easy. Let us help you because you haven’t reached your peak, yet!
THREE THING THURSDAY NEWSLETTER
Like what you’re hearing? Want to train and live consistently to do dope shit with your health and fitness? Sign for our newsletter “Three Thing Thursday”. We’ll put three perfectly created and curated things in your inbox. This will be regular motivation ranging from tips, tricks, tools, tactics, and skills. And…. they all revolve around being a better human in endurance sport and wellness.
Sign up now to receive my quick guide on how to get healthy, stay fit and use data to create habits that last a lifetime! Go here to be inspired and motivated on the regular1
Huge Thank Yous!
- The Nude Blogger (Jessa) – http://www.thenudeblogger.com/ —
- Nikki Thomas (Narrator) – http://nikkisthomas.com/
- Pod Paste – Podcast Production – Podpaste.com —
- Young Nudist of Australia – http://youngnudistsofaustralia.com
- Black Nudists Association – https://www.blacknaturistsassociation.com/
- Get Naked Australia – http://Getnakedaustralia.com —
- The Sydney Skinny – http://thesydneyskinny.com.au
Links & Learnings
- V Sauce : Why do we wear clothes – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4HGfagANiQ
- Still Processing with Wesley Morris – https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/27/podcasts/black-sexuality.html
- The Science Behind why people follow the crowd – https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/after-service/201705/the-science-behind-why-people-follow-the-crowd
- Thandia Newton on being vulnerable – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6HK4K9T19c https://variety.com/video/westworld-nude-scenes-thandie-newton-female-empowerment/ — https://www.gamesradar.com/thandie-newton-on-the-importance-of-westworlds-nudity-and-why-she-didnt-want-a-body-double/